If you’re looking to convert MP4 to MP3, chances are you want to convert an MP4 audio file to play on your MP3 player. But before we move on to cover how to convert the files, let’s go over the main differences between Mp3 and Mp4.
- MP3 (MPEG-1, Layer 3): MP3s are small, high quality audio files that can be played on MP3 players or software. An MP3 can be easily created using a home computer, a ripper program that copies a song from a CD to your computer, and an encoder that converts your music to MP3 format.
- MP4 (MPEG4 Part 14): Mp4 is used for audio and video. This file type enables for high quality streaming over the internet and next generation cell phones - making Mp4 players a hot item - and can be downloaded online at sites like MP4advanced, which I strongly recommend. Mp4 players are available for download online. There are 2 main types of MP4 files. The first type is called Simple Profile, which is used for low resolution digital video content, popularly used for online distribution. The second version is called Advanced Video Coding , which is a higher quality format used for HDTV content.
So in basic terms, MP3 is for audio files used on MP3 players and software, and MP4 is for audio/video files used for internet streaming and high tech cell phones
Converting MP4 to MP3
To convert MP4 to MP3, you must use a file format converter program. Converter programs are abundantly available via the web. Downloads.com may be a good place for you to start shopping around. Many downloadable programs offer a free trial period so you may find it a good idea to try a program before purchasing it.
3 basic steps to converting MP4 to MP3:
- Download a free converter or purchase a converter that supports MP4 to MP3 file conversion.
- Install the program on your computer.
- Follow the instructions the program provides you with and you will be able to convert Mp4 to Mp3.
Here are some Mp4 to Mp3 converters for your reference:
- Easy CD-DA Extractor 9.0.1 build 2 by Poikosoft
This program has a free trial period for your evaluation.
- River Past Audio Converter
You can purchase and download this program for a reasonable fee.