LG DVD players, like most other DVD players, have a default region setting. The setting is based on the area of the world you live in. From a standard LG DVD player you can only play region-free DVDs and a DVD from your particular region. However, it is possible to convert an LG DVD player to understand and play all zones or all regions on the player.
- Moderately Easy
- Internet access
- CD burner
- Blank CD
- 1 Open the Web browser on your computer and navigate to the LG driver link provided in the Resources section. You must have a Windows-operated computer to download this driver properly. Click "Save" and the file downloads to your computer.
- 2 Insert the blank CD into your CD burner and launch the CD-burning software you have installed on the computer.
- 3 Click-and-drag the downloaded driver into the main viewing area of the window, then select "Burn" and burn the file onto the CD.
- 4 Remove the CD from the CD burner and insert it into the LG DVD drive. Press the "0" button on the remote control once the CD loads to select "0" as the region (this represents all regions). Continue to push the "0" button until a window appears stating the DVD player is region code free.
- 5 Press "Enter" to complete the conversion process to all region zones.